Many businesses are coming up with innovative products, services, and ideas that they spend a lot of time, resources, and money to digitally market to their target audience. However, they must prioritize a core concept that is essential to boost the traffic that your website is receiving. This is done by prioritizing search engine optimization. You may be wondering what it is, and where you can get started on utilizing a search engine optimizing service provided by different websites in the market- This article is perfect for you. However, if you are someone who is contemplating between the popular SEO services provided by Wix and WordPress- this article can help you resolve the heated debate on wix vs WordPress SEO.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. It refers to the process of your site being worked upon to increase its visibility to its target audience. It helps in making your services or products more visible to customers who search for them in search engines look Google. With more visibility comes more potential customers, hence companies must allocate time and energy into their sites being prioritized by google to show up at the top of the index of pages relevant to the customer’s search.
Of course, there are various ways to ensure that you are utilizing search engine optimization components effectively to analyze the algorithms that the search engines follow. Wix or WordPress is quite debated- which one is better in the wix vs WordPress duel for SEO?
If we take a close look at the new updates for Wix to make their websites more user-friendly, we see that its search engine optimization tools are getting prioritized by the company to provide top-tier functionality. Here are some of the information on wix’s performance on SEO that you might require to make the judgment on the debate of WordPress vd wix.
- URLs can be customized, modified, and added to prefixes to for the user to be able to manipulate the URL to fit the algorithm of the particular product or service they are advertising.
- 301 redirects allow updating tags that may help the target audience find the website based on their searches.
- If you want to change the structure of your site, you can always do that with the usage of the automatic sitemap updates wix provides.
- Monitoring reports is important. Wix provides reports on traffic from the desired audiences, bot traffic, responses on the sub-domains, and more.
However, of course, wix has its own downsides. Let us explore some of them here;
- Wix does not allow flexibility for the user to explore various codes to code the website. They do offer the HTML code element but do not help in allowing you to work on the websites with code languages you are most comfortable with.
- Coding can be unnecessarily long and wasteful on Wix. A lot of time and talent may be required to operate Wix on a coding level.
WordPress is a free program that allows users to utilize all of its functions without payment for its basic features. However, if you as a user want to go ahead and expand into plug-ins, you have to pay a price for it.
- WordPress has a huge audience which allows you to build connections more efficiently without too much wastage of resources or time.
- Its search engine optimization tools are made easy to access for amateurs.
Let us explore WordPress’ disadvantages to get a whole understanding of the service to decide on the wordpress vs wix debate and whether wix to wordpress migration might be a good solution.
- Different plug-ins are provided through WordPress. These plug-ins are provided by different companies and do not work in the same way if you require plug-ins from different companies on the same website.
- The plugins providing companies may have their own issues that you might have to deal with without warning. It can jeopardize your website design.
So wix vs wordpress– which one is the better service to utilize for search engine optimization? Organic traffic on your website is important. While 46 percent of WordPress sites receive organic traffic, only 1.4 percentage of wix sites can enjoy organic traffic. However, on the other hand, wix is more user-friendly for individuals who want to build a website without knowing the intricacies of coding.
If you are a local store that wants to utilize a website for your business, you may require lesser search engine optimization needs than a business that is trying to expand largely. In such a case, WordPress is a much better option for entrepreneurs who want to aim for the stars.
Did you read this? 10 Common WordPress Mistakes that you might be doing