Creating well written and shareable content can sometimes seem like an overwhelming task. However, as challenging as it can feel at times, the results are well worth the effort, especially when you know the content you are putting out is helping you build a better business. There are a few website content tips that you have got to see if you don’t want to miss out on sales or if you don’t want to waste your time in writing excellent content that nobody will notice.
So, here are 5 tips that you can use to level up your content and increase your odds of content marketing success.
- Use Keywords
- The first step is to choose a keyword, precisely a longtail keyword.
- However, if you find a shorter tail keyword with less competition, then that’s good too.
- Look for a keyword with high monthly searches and lower competition.
- There are some keyword finding tools that can help you. Like: Ahref, Semrush, Ubersuggest.
- Adding the keyword in your title and subheadings is very fruitful.
- You don’t need to stuff keywords in your content; There should be a proper distribution throughout the article.
- The appropriate density of a particular keyword is 1.2-1.7% of the entire content.
- Using four types of keywords in your writing is sufficient to give a reasonable search rate to your website.
- Keep It Clear And Focused
- To provide the answer to the question which your potential customer was searching for, your content needs to be as focused on the subject as possible.
- So, don’t glaze over other concepts that aren’t essential to your main point.
- One way to do this is to keep your paragraph short for easy scanning so that they can get the main idea.
- Speak with your natural voice if you want to reach out and capture their focus.
- If you are having trouble knowing whether you have sufficiently answered the question of your customers or not, try reading your content from a potential customer’s perspective and think of questions they might ask.
- It can be challenging to explain to a beginner a topic you are well versed in, but by putting yourself in their shoes, you can eliminate a lot of the issues.
- Make The Content Applicable
- By giving the audience the things they can apply will keep them coming back for more information and get them interacting more with your content.
- An excellent way to do this is to use bullet points or highlight key tasks in your content to help the readers specifically identify what they need to do.
- This also gives them a reason to return to your article when they run into a similar issue.
- Later down the road, this is also one of the simplest ways to get more people to subscribe to your article or purchase any informational products.
- It builds trust because you have given them tasks they can try for themselves in order to experience immediate results.
- Use Images
- Try to incorporate relevant and attractive images in your content.
- For example, don’t use a picture of a blank computer screen when writing about technological issues. Instead, you can try using an image of a man pulling his hair out.
- When you find images that have emotional appeal to your customer who is likely in the same position, they will be better able to relate to your content.
- Lastly, try to find creative infographics. By having graphics paired with your content material, it becomes easier to read and understand.
Read Also: How to create a content plan for a website?
- Edit Your Content
- Break up your content into phases.
- For the first phase, simply read through the piece of content and check did you get all the points across that you wanted to add.
- Beef up some areas with more facts or statistics.
- Identify the issues and fix them from top to down.
- Also, ensure the length matches the depth of content.
- If you find your content getting fluffy, you may cut some sections. In the end, this will make your writing stronger throughout.
- Next, read the text out loud and see where it gets too wordy.
- Lastly, double-check your spelling, grammar, punctuation and voice.
- Save this step for the last since you will be proofreading the content and making the necessary changes.
To give your website a good ranking on search engines, your website content plays a significant role. A content writer does not necessarily need to be an excellent literary writer; all you need to do is focus on some technical things. By following simple steps and concentrating on SEO, you can prepare great content for your website. Just use simple language and write engaging and attractive content to be understood by the majority of people. Follow our content creation tips, and you are all good to go!